Taken April 30 by James Carey Lauder
1. I wrote my younest brother in laws valedictorian speech.
2. I have dual citizenship with Canada and Germany.
3. I have a second alter ego other than Jam Buster. I'm an occasional birthday party fairy.
4. You can find my derby bio (and the rest of my teams) here.
5. I don't eat olives of any sort.
6. I didn't change my last name when I got married. Recently I tried to claim to John that I couldn't attend a wedding we were invited to because I wasn't invited but some woman with my first name and his last name was.
7. I try to spend as much time in bed as humanly possible before I get up in the morning.
8. My derby number is my dads football/hockey number. My brother tried to use my dads football number for the one season he played in the 9th grade. His coach wouldn't let him until he gained 50 pounds. Until then he could only be 5.
9. I fired a gun for the first time in my life yesterday and it was pretty awesome.
10. I come from a family of classic overachievers:
My dad is a PhD
My mom is a recreational therapist for the older adult and a hospital therapy clown
My brother is a pilot and flight instructor
2 of my aunts are nurses
My paternal Opa spoke 8 languages
One of my cousins is studying to be an engineer
11. I also come from a family that is hyper competitive.
12. One of my favourite childhood memories is my cousin Amanda and I trying to fold my brother into my Opa and Oma's fold out couch.
13. Even though I trained and ran a 5km race I still hate running.
14. I ended up in my career as a fundraising professional by accident.
15. My derby name almost ended up being Dread Fraggle.