WOOHOO I finally won something other than that jar of bubble gum from the public library when I guessed the right number when I was 4. Thanks to the lovely CrochesJulie for the nominating with the Liebster award. Please pop by this lovely ladies blog. She's a fellow North American adventuring abroad. Also have a look at her DIY section. She has some super awesome projects. Oh AND she's a fellow NaNoWriMo writer!
The Liebster Award is passed on from new blogger to new blogger, as a way to say hey, I like what you’re doing! The way it works, is that the award recipient is supposed to respond with 11 random facts about themself, then answer the 11 questions that the award-giver put on their blog, and finally, ask a new set of 11 questions for the 11 new recipients of your choosing to answer! So, basically it’s a really awesome way for new bloggers (which is defined as someone with fewer than 200 followers) to network with each other, and also for each individual blogger to tell their readers about more about them!
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I had twizzlers for lunch yesterday.
2. I'm 23% done my NaNoWriMo novel.
3. I'm off to Berlin again next week.
4. I'm lactose intolerant...that makes living in Switzerland interesting.
5. So far this week I've gotten mittens and tea in the mail.
6. I picked out my wedding dress with my brother.
7. I'm currently doing the 200 sit up challenge.
8. I'm also currently doing the 100 push up challenge.
9. I wore a retainer for years after having braces. I will still wake up in the middle of the night looking for it.
10. I am NOT my husbands favourite derby girl.
11. When I reached 10,000 words in my NaNo novel I did a happy dance.
CrochesJulie's 11 questions for me.
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I've been blogging for almost 10 years. It first started as a way to deal with my Opa's passing in 2002. It was a private blog that only I could see. Then it sat dormant for a year. I started blogging publicly because it was fun and I'm an attention seeking youngest child so it was nice. There was a period where a member of my family was reading my blog and then reporting back to other family members but getting the information not entirely right. Which let to phone calls from my Oma. So I went semi-private. I started this blog 3 years ago when I left my job due to being burnt out. It started as a modern housewife blog and evolved into a working housewife blog and then evolved into an expat adventure blog.
2. Do you like to read? If so, who is your favorite author and why? If you don’t like to read, why is that?
I love to read. I couldn't not read and be a member of my family. My brother hates reading which we're fairly sure is how he's chosen to rebel. I love Hemmingway, Emmerson, Stoker, Pratchett, Harper Lee, PG Wodehouse, Oscar Wilde, Johnathan Swift. I love writers who use language in a way that excites me. PG Wodehouse uses 5 words to describe something when 1 would be just fine. Harper Lee sets out to tell you the story of the summer her brother broke his arm not this epic tale of discrimination and hatred in the South. Terry Pratchett is just a joy to read.
3. What’s something you regret, and how would you change it if you could?
Not staying at the hospital the night my paternal Opa died. I was given the option and I didn't take it. I couldn't. I wasn't "grown up" enough to deal with it. I was 18. Honestly as much as I regret it I don't think I would change it.
4. What are you looking forward to the most during the month of November?
Finishing my NaNoWriMo novel, going to Berlin and seeing what the husband brings back for me from his trip to Bangladesh.
5. What’s your sign, and do you believe in horoscopes?
Pisces and no. I use to write them every so often when I worked for our student paper in University.
6. What are your three most favorite things to do?
Play with my old cameras.
Sunday morning coffee and QI with the husband.
7. What is your best childhood memory?
I'm going to roll a lot of memories into one. Christmas. I come from a big German family so Christmas is a big deal to us. It's steeped in traditions and food and family and food. Lots of food. We open presents on Christmas eve in my family (which the husband thought was super weird when we met but he loves it now.) Or when we were living in a city with our extended family. Extended family gifts were at Oma and Opas house on Christmas Eve and immediate family gifts were on Christmas day at home. It saved my parents from having to lug them to Oma and Opas place. When it comes to Christmas, my family knows how to do it right.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be, and why?
The Zac Morris time out. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you might be a little bit to young to remember Saved by the Bell. Which makes me sad for you. Who wouldn't want to stop time for a moment, break the fourth wall and say something smarmy to the audience.
9. What’s your favorite Crayola crayon name?
Screaming Green, Wild blue yonder, Vivid Violet and Razzle Dazzle Rose.
10. If you could be extremely good at any one thing, what would it be?
11. What’s your life dream?
For my mom to buy my book on a buy 1 get one half off sale in a book store at an airport.
The 7 Nominees are....(I know there is suppose to be 11)
I Am woman, watch me cook
Bacon Avec Bacon
The Domestic Project
The life of a modern housewife
Up Mommy Creek
Creations by Christa
My Questions for the Nominees...
1. You're trapped on a deserted island and you can only have 3 cds (old school I know) with you, which ones are they?
2. What is the best piece of chocolate you've ever eaten?
3. If you could speak any language as a second language what would it be?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. You've found 10 bucks in your winter coat, how do you spend it?
6. Socks or barefeet?
7. Dumbest thing you've ever said to someone.
8. What is your favourite word?
9. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
10. If heaven exists what would you like God to say to you when you arrive at the pearly gates?
11. What sound do you hate?
Pin It Now!