1. I use to teach Sunday School. Seriously. Most people don't believe me when I tell them this. I'm not sure why. But I was raised in a home where we were at church every Sunday and there was an expectation that you were good members of the community and participated in various church activities. I was an active member of our youth group. I was in pioneer girls (I had more patches than a fireside girl), Awana Club, I participated in a Youth Missions International Mission trip and at one point seriously considered going into the ministry as a profession. I taught 5 and 6 year old Sunday School for two years. It was my favourite. Especially that Sunday where they debated whether or not Jesus likes pudding or jello. One kid suggested perhaps He liked yogurt but she was shot down immediately by the much larger pudding and jello supporters.
2. I was a children's party entertainer for three years. Yup. I was. I was Twilight the Birthday party fairy. I totally had an in with the tooth fairy, Tinkerbell and I would chill on the weekends and I had a direct line to Santa and his elves. It was a lot of fun. It was easy money and something I did on weekends. And it did wonders for my self esteem. Because really, who wouldn't want a bunch of little girls telling you you're beautiful. Need proof? This is me in costume.
3. I went through a phase when I was very little where I was terrified for anything blue. Yeah....my parents still shake their heads about this. It stems from my parents hiring a guy to dress up as cookie monster for my brothers birthday. I was little. It may or may not have scared me to the point I may have lost control of my bladder. What? I was little. And this event set into motion the fear of blue fuzzy things. Yeah. My parents couldn't go down certain aisle in Superstore. And those plush dolls from "My Pet Monster" made me cry.
4. I hate it when my food touches on a plate. Unless it's meant to touch. I'm getting better at this but it's something that has caused me to be ridiculed for years by the husband. Who thinks its funny to move things on my plate so they touch.
5. Speaking of my weird eating habits, I eat everything on my plate one at a time. All my peas, then all of my potatoes and then my protein. This has baffled my mother for basically forever.
Leaf throwing epicness circa the years I had the bowl cut
6. I don't believe you always marry your soul mate. You marry the person you fall in love with. My soul mate is actually my best friend Jamie. Oh and unlike a lot of couples I don't consider my husband my best friend either. Never have. But I would like to hang out with him for the rest of my life.
7. I'm currently listening to Taylor Swifts new album. Don't judge me. Furthermore, I've listened to P!nk's new album about a million and a half times since I got it.
8. I am planning two more tattoos. *I can hear your disapproving sigh from here Mom* One will be a quote from Mastering the Art of French Cooking "Keep your knives sharp" and the other is from To Kill a Mockingbird "Hey Boo."
9. My idea of a perfect Friday night is sitting on the couch watching silly youtube videos with John and maybe some Phineas and Ferb.
10. I've wanted to be a writer since I would hold a crayon and understood that you could actually write stories. My first "stories" were written in crayon in things that I thought were letters in a hilroy notebook. I pretty much figured it was something written on paper therefore its a story. My mom still has some of them. If I ever have a best seller I am fairly certain my parents are going to auction them off on Ebay.