1. Picky eaters. Maybe it's because I grew up in a home where you ate what was put in front of you or you didn't eat. Or maybe it's because I didn't know there was such thing as a kids menu unless we were at McDonalds. Or maybe it's because I was never allowed to declare I didn't like something until I seriously gave it a few tries. I don't know. But picky eaters drive me batty. My best friends husband is a picky eater, love him to death but it's easier to list the foods he will eat than the foods he won't eat.
2. Texting at the dinner table. This really rubbed us the wrong way when we were home for a visit this summer. We didn't travel 7000 kms to watch you text people.
3. Tourists who walk around taking pictures and videos with their iPads. They're just ASKING for someone to trip them and send that expensive little toy flying across the cobblestone.
4. People who write in library books! Why do you hate books people who do this? Why? If you want to scribble and highlight and doodle BUY the book.
5. People who go on about how ereaders are the downfall of printed books and how they could never curl who with a screen and I like the smell/feel/taste blah blah blah blah blah blah blah *militant speech about their love of books and down with technology.* Get over yourself. You should just be happy people are reading regardless of how people are reading. Here's the thing, I love my ereader AND books *gasp*. They each have their place. I ride a lot of public transportation which means a lot of waiting. Which means my ereader gets a lot of use because the last thing I want is to finish my book and not have another one. Especially on a long train right. I would have died on my 8 hour train to Berlin if I had run out of books. I still read printed books. Heck, I bought 3 printed books just last week. So it is possible to like both.
6. Dreadlocked didgeridoo carrying backpack toting 20-somethings that could use some speedstick who try to tell me they're not tourists, they're "travellers." Riiiight, so then why are you having an overpriced latte at the Einstein cafe one of the biggest tourist traps in the city while showing off your Bear Pit souvenir plush toy and Bern Clock tower shot glass.
8. The lack of brown sugar in Switzerland.
9. Those idiots at the airport who don't think the rules apply to them and therefore hold up the security line for EVERYONE ELSE!! No you can't take your 20 gallon bottle of shampoo through security and yes you have to take your laptop out of your bag. And don't even get me started on people who don't walk on moving sidewalks in airports.
10. That it's October 16 and there are Christmas stuff out in the stores already.
Pin It Now!